There are times when things just come together perfectly, and I can officially state that I actually had the right pot for the tree for the first time. I spent much of the morning re-wiring and redefining my Crepe Myrtle. I can’t believe the pictures from last January and how far this tree has come.
Just look how nicely the pot compliments the bark of the tree. When this tree is leafed out and flowering it will really be something special. When I repotted the tree I found that the roots had been holding a lot of water. so with the new soil it should produce a lot of new growth and be much healthier.
Here is a close up of the tree. This tree is not the easiest tree to wire. I’m using 1mm wire on branches that are about 1mm thick. However if I don’t the branches tend to curl up. I need the branches mid way up the trunk to fill in over the scar. I should be able to achieve that this year. I have a feeling the next time I post this tree it will be a finished Bonsai.